Part of the RJC SDG Roadshow Series
Gender Equality – Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP)
Organised by: UN Global Compact & Responsible Jewellery Council
Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2020
Time: 2.00pm – 3.00pm GMT
RJC members have a crucial role to play in accelerating gender equality throughout the entire watch and jewellery global supply chain.
Join us and guest speaker, Aude Coquatrix, Senior Manager at UN Global Compact, as we explore a set of business tools designed to provide practical guidance on implementation and benchmark your organisation’s progress towards achieving a gender-balanced workplace:
- The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP)
- Gender Gap Analysis Tool
This is the latest in the RJC SDG Roadshow series of events. To watch video replays of previous events, follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/responsiblejewellerycouncil/
The Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) are a set of Principles offering guidance to business on how to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in the workplace, marketplace and community. In this webinar we learn about the WEPs and accompanying gender gap analysis tool and how they can help drive forward SDG5 on gender equality.
- Aude Coquatrix, Senior Manager, Social Sustainability & Gender Equality at United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
- Jennifer Markas, Executive Director of Women’s Jewlery Association (WJA)
Call to action
RJC makes a call to action for all companies to read, sign and support the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs).
- Sign the WEPs: www.weps.org
- Take the WEPs gender gap analysis tool and explore the first global trends report: www.unglobalcompact.org/take-action/action/womens-principles/weps_tool
- RJC Code of Practices: www.responsiblejewellery.com/standards/code-of-practices-2019/
- Listen to a webinar on the first global trends report (UNGC & BSR): www.bsr.org/en/events/view/women-empowerment-in-the-decisive-decade-opportunities-and-trends
- Bloomberg Gender Equality Index: www.bloomberg.com/gei/
- Learn about the Women’s Jewelry Association (WJA): www.womensjewelryassociation.com
- Read about the business case for inclusion and diversity in this McKinsey report: www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/diversity-and-inclusion/diversity-wins-how-inclusion-matters