RJC SDG Roadshow Series
Contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) has never been more critical. Our ‘RJC SDG Roadshow’ is a series of webinars for the jewellery and watch global supply chain to better understand and take measurable action towards Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Worldwide consumption and production — a driving force of the global economy — rest on the use of the natural environment and resources in a way that continues to have destructive impacts on the planet.
Sustainable consumption and production is about doing more and better with less. In this webinar, we’ll explore the three key targets under the SDG12 goal on Responsible Consumption and Production that are relevant to members:
- 12.2 By 2030, achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources
- 12.4 Achieve the environmentally sound management of chemicals and all wastes throughout their life cycle, in accordance with agreed international frameworks, and significantly reduce their release to air, water and soil in order to minimize their adverse impacts on human health and the environment
- 12.5 By 2030, substantially reduce waste generation through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
- Download event notes: http://www.responsiblejewellery.com/wp-content/uploads/RJC-SDG12-Summary.pdf
- Kering Sustainability pages: https://www.kering.com/en/sustainability/
- Pandora Sustainability pages: https://pandoragroup.com/sustainability
- Danielle’s writing:
- Is Circularity the next target of this industry? IDEX Magazine: https://cloud.3dissue.com/118644/118959/139367/August2019/?page=22
- How can jewellery be circular? Levin Sources: https://www.levinsources.com/knowledge-centre/insights/how-can-jewellery-be-circular
- SDG https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/sustainable-consumption-production/
- BSR’s report ‘Taking a People-Centered Approach to a Circular Fashion Economy’: https://www.bsr.org/reports/Taking_a_People-Centered_Approach_to_a_Circular_Fashion_Economy.pdf
- BCG-Altagamma’s True-Luxury Global Consumer Insight Report, 2019: http://media-publications.bcg.com/france/True-Luxury%20Global%20Consumer%20Insight%202019%20-%20Plenary%20-%20vMedia.pdf