RJC Commercial Member
- Join a mine to retail assurance initiative that is unique to the jewellery and watch industry
- Access support and free Member training to implement a comprehensive CSR approach to key supply chain issues
- Understand your key risk areas and find out how to address them to achieve conformance with RJC’s standards
- Use RJC Certification as a common international standard to provide credible assurance to suppliers and customers
- Link in with like-minded peers to develop approaches to responsible sourcing in the sector
To see the benefits of RJC Certification please click here.
You can join RJC as a Commercial Member if you:
- Are actively involved for commercial reasons in the diamond, gold and/or platinum group metals jewellery supply chain – this includes jewellery watches for their diamond, gold and/or platinum components; and
- Are exempt from the role of consultant, advisor, third party auditor or any other similar entity; and
- Commit to the prevailing Principles and Code of Practices on business ethics, social performance, human rights and environmental performance adopted by the Responsible Jewellery Council; and
- Pay an annual commercial membership fee; and
- Submit a complete and accurate application form.
RJC Member Commitments
- Support the Mission of the Council: “To advance responsible ethical, social and environmental practices, which respect human rights, throughout the diamond, gold and platinum group metals jewellery supply chain, from mine to retail.”
- Commit to achieve RJC Certification within two years of joining the Council;
- Promote responsible business practices in the diamond, gold and platinum group metals jewellery supply chain;
- Operate their business in accordance with the prevailing Principles and Code of Practices on business ethics, social, human rights and environmental practices adopted by the Council;
- Implement continuous improvement processes to achieve increased performance and higher standards;
- Comply with the Anti-Trust Policy and Rules adopted by the Council in its dealings with the Council and other members;
- Comply with rules laid down by the Council as to the use of its logo and intellectual property
How to Apply
- Click on the image to download a copy of the Commercial Membership Application Form.
- Complete the form and email it to email@example.com
- The application form is reviewed
- You will be contacted by the RJC Membership Coordinator who will explain the next steps
- If you have any questions on the application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does Membership Cost?
Annual Membership Fee Rates are in the table below, and are scaled to the size of the business. The ends of the supply chain (producers and retailers) pay slightly higher fees than the middle of the supply chain. There is a minimum fee for smaller businesses, and a maximum fee for larger businesses. These fees are designed to be cost-effective for access to a comprehensive and tailored CSR platform for the jewellery supply chain.
Membership fees do not include the cost of the independent, third party auditing that is required to achieve Certification.
Annual Membership Fee Rates
||0.0045% of Annual Relevant Sales* (ARS)The above percentage translates to $45.00 per million dollars of Annual Relevant Sales.|
||0.003% of Annual Relevant Sales* (ARS)The above percentage translates to $30.00 per million dollars of Annual Relevant Sales.|