RJC Commercial Member
How to Apply
Any company that is actively involved for commercial reasons in the diamond, gold and platinum group metals jewellery supply chain is eligible to subscribe to become a Commercial Member of the Council.
- Click on the image to download a copy of the Commercial Membership Application Form.
- Complete the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application form is reviewed
- You will be contacted by the RJC Membership Coordinator who will explain the next steps
- If you have any questions on the application process please email email@example.com
Why we joined the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC)
Click here to find out more from Mr Pierre Salanitro, Salanitro SA-Serti-Concept SA-Sertis Creations SA
Click on the below links to find out more about the Membership Benefits for Miners
Costs: Annual Membership Fee Rates
Annual Membership Fee Rates
||0.0045% of Annual Relevant Sales* (ARS)The above percentage translates to $45.00 per million dollars of Annual Relevant Sales.|
||0.003% of Annual Relevant Sales* (ARS)The above percentage translates to $30.00 per million dollars of Annual Relevant Sales.|
Commercial Membership Benefits
Membership of the RJC offers the following reputational benefits:
Raise Your Company Profile
- Promote your RJC Membership and Certification status on the RJC website and through use of the RJC logo on your marketing material.
- Join a mine to retail initiative unique to the jewellery and watch industry.
- Enhance and preserve strong brand reputation – increasing resilience and strengthening your brand.
- Use RJC Certification as a common international standard to provide credible assurance through the supply chain, reducing duplication.
“We are most proud to be the first RJC Member to achieve this important certification and we encourage others within the industry to follow suit so that they too can evidence responsible business practices. We are committed to improving industry standards and to supporting the RJC’s mission.” Claude Schlappi, Gay Frères, RJC Certified November 2010.
Join a Community of Confidence
- Demonstrate leadership in consumer confidence issues in the diamond, gold and platinum group metals supply chain.
- Participate with industry peers in RJC Governance, Committee work programs and Member-only events.
- Participate in case studies for testimonials in RJC newsletters and RJC events.
“From what we can see, Hamilton will be the first independent family-owned retailer to be certified, which we think is a nice achievement not only for us, but a significant one for the RJC. As you are no doubt aware, larger global firms have abundant resources to commit to compliance and certification, but it is a challenge for smaller independents to commit these resources. This should be a good statement for the RJC to show that a firm does not have to be a global brand to achieve certification.” Hank B. Siegel, Hamilton Jewelers, RJC Certified December 2011.
Access Information and Advice
- Access free training on RJC Member Certification programs, a great opportunity to develop staff competency and receive support for the certification process.
- Reduce commercial risk and provide a foundation of confidence for sustainable growth
“Both the RJC and GIA share the commitment to safeguarding the public trust in gems and jewelry – GIA through laboratory services, education programs, research developments and disclosure; and the RJC in supporting standards of conduct that include human rights, social responsibility and environmental performance.” Donna Baker, Gemmological Institute of America (GIA), RJC Certified December 2011.
The RJC Membership Journey
Commercial Members must seek certification under the RJC System. By becoming a Member of the RJC, your company commits to achieve RJC Certification within 2 years of joining the council.
Details on achieving RJC Certification can be found on our training page – Click Here
Eligibility for RJC Commercial Membership
- Be actively involved for commercial reasons in the diamond, gold and/or platinum group metals jewellery supply chain [including jewellery watches for their diamond, gold and/or platinum components]; and
- Commit to the prevailing Principles and Code of Practices on business ethics, social performance, human rights and environmental performance adopted by the Responsible Jewellery Council; and
- Pay an annual commercial membership fee; and
- Submit a complete and accurate application form
RJC Member Commitments
- Support the Mission of the Council: “To advance responsible ethical, social and environmental practices, which respect human rights, throughout the diamond, gold and platinum group metals jewellery supply chain, from mine to retail.”
- Commit to achieve RJC Certification within two years of joining the Council;
- Promote responsible business practices in the diamond, gold and platinum group metals jewellery supply chain;
- Operate their business in accordance with the prevailing Principles and Code of Practices on business ethics, social, human rights and environmental practices adopted by the Council;
- Implement continuous improvement processes to achieve increased perforamnce and higher standards;
- Comply with the Anti-Trust Policy and Rules adopted by the Council in its dealings with the Council and other members;
- Comply with rules laid down by the Council as to the use of its logo and intellectual property
RJC Member Role
Members will have the opportunity to be elected to the Board and Committees of the Council. More information can be found on our About Us Page.