The Council is governed by a Board of Directors, supported by a number of Committees. The current Officers of the Council are:
- Chairman: James Courage – Platinum Guild International
- Vice-Chairman: Chikashi Miyamoto – Rosy Blue NV
- Honorary Secretary: Mark Jenkins – Signet Jewelers Limited
- Honorary Treasurer: Currently accepting nominations
The Members of the Board of Directors are:
- Allchin, Michael – Birmingham Assay Office
- Baker, Donna – Gemological Institute of America
- Batson, Ruth – American Gem Society
- Bonaparte, David – Jewelers of America
- Bonas, Charles – Bonas & Co. Ltd.
- Brenner, Jeffrey – Jaybee Trading Inc. t/a !Xam Diamonds
- Chaudri, Fazal – Exelco International Ltd
- Chauveau de Quercize, Stanislas – Cartier International S.A.
- De Blanchard, Dominique – Cristofol Paris
- Grandi, Vania – Rio Tinto
- Jenkins, Mark – Signet Jewelers Limited
- Leake, Martin – BHP Billiton Diamonds Inc
- Leopold-Metzger, Phillipe – Piaget
- Lussier, Stephen – De Beers Group
- Miyamoto, Chikashi – Rosy Blue NV
- Morrison, Scott – Metalor
- Palmer, Derek – Pluczenik Diamond Company NV
- Pinet-Cuoq, Bernadette – Union Française BJOP
- Simelane, Yedwa – AngloGold Ashanti (Australia)
- Taylor, Ryan – The Fair Trade Jewellery Co.
The current Committee Chairs are:
- Executive Committee: James Courage (Platinum Guild International)
- Standards Committee Co-chairs: David Bouffard (Signet Jewelers Ltd) and Ryan Taylor (The Fair Trade Jewellery Co.)
- Communications Committee: Vania Grandi (Rio Tinto)
- Membership Committee: Nawal Ait-Hocine, (Cartier)
- Legal Committee: Mark Jenkins (Signet Jewelers Limited)
- People Committee: Fazal Chaudri (Exelco International Ltd)
- Finance Committee: Ruth Batson (American Gem Society)
- Accreditation and Training Committee: Gérard Satre (Chanel)
The RJC Governance Handbook (2012) provides guidance as to how the RJC Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association will be implemented, and how the Board and Committees of the Council will be run.
The executive functions and day-to-day management of the Council are carried out by the RJC Management Team.